Interview questions for auto glass technicians
Experienced auto glass technicians are in short supply these days, but that doesn't mean you have to settle for second-best. "Take your time and hire the right person," says Carl Tompkins, western states area sales manager for Sika Corp., Madison Heights, Mich. (See "Hiring horror," for more tips.)
To ensure you hire the right auto glass technician, ask the following questions to get a feel for the candidate's work experience, strengths and weaknesses, personality and job expectations. Answers to questions 16-20 will reveal the candidate's leadership skills, ability to be a team player, creativity and innovation, ability to handle stress and customer service skills.
If you're looking to hire customer service representatives, check out the CSR-specific questions in the retail section.
1. Are you able to pass a drug screen and physical background check?
2. Do you have a Department of Motor Vehicles record?
3. Do you have a criminal history?
4. Do you have any visible tattoos?
5. Do you have any relatives that work for our company?
6. Briefly summarize your work history, experience and education for me.
7. Can you describe one or two of your most important work accomplishments?
8. How much supervision have you typically received in your previous jobs?
9. Why are you leaving your current job? Or, why did you leave your last job?
10. What is important to you in a company? What do you look for and why?
11. Give me an example of a good and bad supervisor that you've had. Why were they good or bad?
12. What are your strengths and weaknesses? How do they play out in your life?
13. What is the most important thing you are looking for in a job? Why?
14. What is your long-term employment or career objective?
15. What motivates you in a job?
16. Describe a time when you may have been disappointed in your behavior.
17. Tell me about a difficult situation with a co-worker and how you handled it.
18. Tell me about a time when you were creative in solving a problem.
19. What do you do to handle stressful situations?
20. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.