2012 Top 50 Glaziers: The Big Picture
Seven new companies made the Top 50 Glaziers list this year.
- No. 19 Koch Corp., Louisville, Ky., www.kochcorporation.com
- No. 42/43 Denison Glass & Mirror Inc., Denison, Texas, www.denisonglass.com
- No. 44 AHC Glass, Hayward, Calif., www.ahcglassinc.com
- No. 47 Palm Beach Glass Specialties Inc., W. Palm Beach, Fla., www.pbglass.com
- No. 48 Key Glass LLC, Bradenton, Fla., www.keyglass.com
- No. 49 Hale Glass, Inc., Placentia, Calif., www.HaleGlass.com
- No. 50 Forno Enterprises Inc., Trout Creek, N.Y., www.fornoenterprises.com
Two companies closed locations in 2011; two opened locations
- No. 3 Enclos Corp., Eagan, Minn., www.enclos.com, closed its Johnson City, Tenn., engineering office with 12 employees
- No. 37 Bacon & Van Buskirk, Champaign, Ill., www.bvbglass.com, closed its Danville,
Ill., location, with four employees
- Enclos opened its Advanced Technology Studio in New York City, with 12 employees
- No. 13/14 Architectural Wall Systems Co., West Des Moines, Iowa, www.archwall.com, opened its Omaha, Neb., location, with about 10 employees
Within the past two years, at least five contract glaziers have closed their doors. Glass Magazine confirmed the closure of the following glazing contractors:
- Trainor Glass Co., Alsip, Ill.
- ASI Limited, Whitestone, Ind.
- Patriot Glass, Schenectady, N.Y.
- American Glass & Metals, Plymouth, Mich.
- Builders Architectural Products Inc., Deerfield, Ill.