More than $250 million
C.R Laurence Co., Inc.
Headquarters: Los Angeles
Website: www.crlaurence.com, www.crl-arch.com
Total number of locations: 42 (including 10 U.S. Aluminum locations, 17 CRL U.S. distribution locations, two CRL U.S. manufacturing locations, two CRL Machinery Division locations, four CRL Canada distribution facilities, three CRL Europe distribution locations, two CRL Australia distribution and manufacturing facilities, and two Columbia Mfg. locations)
Metal manufacturing locations and services:
- 330,000-square-foot Los Angeles facility: commercial doors, sun-control systems, commercial interior and exterior railings
- 275,000-square-foot Los Angeles facility: commercial interior and exterior railing systems
In addition to the products listed above, CRL manufactures and supplies a complete line of hardware, tools, supplies and accessories for glaziers. All of these products are included in the annual sales volume estimate of more than $400 million. CRL acquired U.S. Aluminum in July 2011 (see separate listing).
EFCO, a Pella Co.
Percentage of annual sales representing metal products sold to contract glaziers: 100
Headquarters: Monett, Mo.
Total number of locations: 5
Metal fabrication locations and services:
EFCO, a Pella Co., offers curtain-wall, storefront and entrance, and sunshade products from the following locations:
- Monett, Mo.
- Springfield, Mo.
- Verona, Va.
- Las Vegas
In addition to the products listed above, EFCO, a Pella Co., manufactures a variety of commercial windows. The company is backed by a national network of independent, professional sales representatives, and is owned by Pella Corp., named a Top 100 Window Manufacturer by Window & Door Magazine in 2012.
Kawneer Co., Inc.
Headquarters: Norcross, Ga.
Metal manufacturing locations and services: Kawneer offers curtain wall, storefront and entrance, and sunshade products from the following locations:
- Norcross, Ga.
- Bloomsburg, Pa.
- Harrisonburg, Va.
- Springdale, Ark.
- Visalia, Calif.
- Cranberry Township, Pa.
- Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Specializing in entrances, framing systems, windows and curtain-wall systems, Kawneer offers window and overhead glazing products in addition to those listed above. In 2010, Traco, a manufacturer of windows since 1943, was acquired by Kawneer parent company Alcoa and became a division of Kawneer. This February, Kawneer officials announced the company had combined product portfolios with the Traco division, which has a manufacturing facility in Cranberry Township, Pa. Kawneer and Traco's products are suitable for a variety of applications, including high-, mid- and low-rise buildings; as well as educational, healthcare and public/civic buildings.
Aerial photo of YKK AP America's main
YKK AP America Inc.
Percentage of annual sales representing metal products sold to contract glaziers: 80+
Headquarters: Austell, Ga.
Employees: 500-1,000 in the United States
Total number of locations: 11 in the U.S.
Metal fabrication locations and services:
- Dublin, Ga., facility occupying more than 1 million square feet: storefront and entrance products, sunshades
- Novi, Mich.: YKK offers full service fabrication of simple curtain walls and complex unitized curtain walls through its fabricated wall products partner, Erie Architectural Products, www.erieap.com, in Michigan
- Atlanta commercial products branch: storefront and entrances
- Baltimore commercial products branch: storefront and entrances
- Boston commercial products branch: storefront and entrances
- Chicago commercial products branch: storefront and entrances
- Cincinnati commercial products branch: storefront and entrances
- Dallas commercial products branch: storefront and entrances
- Houston commercial products branch: storefront and entrances
- Orlando commercial products branch: storefront and entrances
- Greensboro, N.C. commercial products branch
Subsidiary level sales volumes are held confidential. Annual sales volume category selected for YKK AP America is based on global level architectural product sales for YKK AP. In addition to the products listed above, YKK AP America offers commercial windows, as well as vinyl windows and doors for the residential new construction, replacement and impact markets. The latter are produced at its North American residential products facility in Macon, Ga. YKK's commercial fabrication facility in Dublin, Ga., is vertically integrated.