The eight wonders of GlassBuild America 2010
Everyone knows there's no more important gathering each year for glass industry professionals than GlassBuild America: The Glass, Window & Door Expo (Sept. 14-16 in Las Vegas). But with so much to do and only a few days to do it (after all, the show's in Vegas, and you've got to allow a little play time, right?), I thought I'd share my "Eight Wonders of the GlassBuild America 2010 Expo."
In no particular order, please step right up and gaze in amazement at:
1. Trends in decorative glass seminar: Led by industry favorite Bernard Lax (a natural wonder in his own right), this interactive panel discussion features three leading experts exploring how specialty glass is selected and perceived by each facet of the glass industry.
2. Fifth Annual NGA Glazing Executives Forum: One of our most popular events every year, the 2010 forum will again feature several interactive breakout sessions, dynamic speakers and a must-see economic forecast for the glazing industry.
3. Innovations Pavilion: Returning after the rousing success of its 2009 introduction, this year's pavilion will feature even more cutting-edge technologies and exhibiting companies.
4. Inaugural Window & Door Dealers Forum: Created exclusively by and for independent window and door dealers, this much-anticipated program is patterned after the Glazing Executives Forum and is hosted by the Window & Door Dealers Alliance.
5. PV Seminar: Sure to be one of the most talked-about sessions of the week, this educational program will examine architectural and other technological considerations driving the fast-growing photovoltaic industry.
6. AAMA's FenestrationMasters Program: This exciting new online training module -- designed specifically for the window and door industry -- will be launched at GlassBuild America.
7. Business alliances -- I have several meetings already scheduled to "make our economy." How about you? Are you ready to close that mega-sale?
8. The exhibits! The exhibits! More than 1,000 booths will showcase the best and most cutting-edge glass industry products, services and designs. There's something new and exciting literally around every corner.
Remember, it's Vegas. It's fall. And it's the only event in North America this year where our entire industry will be under one roof. Need I say more?
There's still time to register. Don't miss out on this unrivaled opportunity to generate new business, expand your professional network and build your sales pipeline for the coming year. The 2010 GlassBuild America Expo begins one week from today!
The author is vice president of association services for the National Glass Association, McLean, Va. Write him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual author and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Glass Association, Glass Magazine editors, or other glassblog contributors.