From the Fabricator: Recognize the Best
I think most people who know me, know that I do love recognizing people on this blog. I enjoy acknowledging those folks who deserve it and letting the world know what I know: These are good people! Well each year the folks from Glass Magazine do the “recognition” process better than anyone with their Glass Magazine Award People Categories. Getting the thumbs up with these awards is the industry's most prestigious honor, and now’s your chance to nominate those people who should be in the running. Nominations are open until May 15, so this is the time to nominate who you think is the best project manager, best production supervisor, best sales rep and best installer. After the finalists are named it will come down to the popular vote. But your best can’t win if they're not nominated; so get to it.
|Zurich Airport, from Rob Botman, Glassopolis|
- The airport piece I had last week hit home for a lot of folks and I even got pictures from one of our industry's most tuned in people. Rob Botman of Glassopolis shared shots from the Zurich Airport. Bright and clean, and a good use of glass floor to ceiling. So, folks as you travel, shoot some pictures at the airports you visit (and the good use of glass) and I’ll run them here. (As I figure out how to strategically place them of course!) Thank you. I just wish I was at Dulles to grab some shots.
- Speaking of shots, Joe Carlos of Triview sent me one that depressed me. A picture giving me the news that gas is already way over $4 in California. That means, while most states will break the $4 mark this summer, California will probably top $5. That’s depressing.
- Congrats to the fine folks at Technical Glass Products for winning the Seattle Magazine award for Manufacturer of the Year in the state of Washington. A well-deserved honor. I can tell from visiting there last year that TGP is in a class by itself when it comes to its plant and manufacturing operation. A big year for the team at TGP, too. First their beloved Seahawks win the Super Bowl, and now this!
- I have no clue what “Foursquare” is, but no way willI ever use it after reading that the founder's wife stole a bib to run in the Boston Marathon. This story tells it better than I can. I just hate when people who don’t get what they want decide to cheat to get it.
- California Chrome wins the Derby. Look out folks; we may have a Triple Crown winner for the first time since 1978. The only horse that can stand in his way is Untapable. We'll see.
- Last this week, it’s May. I can’t believe how fast this year is flying by. Maybe partly since it still feels like winter in Michigan.
The author is founder of Sole Source Consultants, a consulting firm for the building products industry that specializes in marketing, branding, communication strategy and overall reputation management, as well as website and social media, and codes and specifications. E-mail him at MaxP@SoleSourceConsultants.com.
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual author and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Glass Association, Glass Magazine editors, or other glassblog contributors.