Pilkington Announces Price Increases
In a November 7 letter to customers, the NSG Group announced Pilkington North America would implement the following price increases, effective with all shipments beginning December 2, 2013:
- 9 percent on clear float glass products in thicknesses of 2.3 millimeters through 12 mm
- 7 percent on clear float glass products in thicknesses of 15 mm and 19 mm
- 7 percent on Pilkington Energy Advantage low-E products
- 7 percent on Pilkington Texture Glass products
- 7 percent on Pilkington Eclipse Advantage low-E and Pilkington Solar-E products
- 9 percent on grey, bronze, green and blue-green tinted substrates in thicknesses of 3.2 mm through 8 mm
- 7 percent on grey, bronze, green, and blue-green tinted substrates in 10 mm and 12 mm thicknesses
- 7 percent on Pilkington Arctic Blue, Pilkington EverGreen and Pilkington SuperGrey tinted float products
- 7 percent on Pilkington Optiwhite low-iron products
- 5 percent on Pilkington Mirropane transparent mirror.
In the letter, the company attributed the price increases to "rising transportation, raw material and operating costs." The price increases do not affect, in any way, NSG's energy and transportation surcharges, the letter states.