Pilkington North America announces price increase, effective June 30
In a June 2 letter to customers obtained by Glass Magazine, Pilkington North America, Toledo, Ohio, announced it would increase prices of its float glass products, effective June 30, 2011, as follows:
- Clear products: 2.3 mm through 12 mm by 10 percent; 15 mm and 19 mm by 7 percent
- Tinted products by 8 percent
- Pilkington Optiwhite low-iron glass by 8 percent
- Pyrolytic coated products by 6 percent
- Textured and all other products by 8 percent
"Our industry continues to face very challenging economic conditions," said Stephen Weidner, vice president of marketing and sales, in the letter. "Although we remain focused on improving our manufacturing efficiencies and reducing overheads, Pilkington has been absorbing increases in raw material and transportation costs. Thus, we need to increase pricing to justify continued capital investments in order to meet the future needs of the market."