PPG to implement price increases
In a July 10 letter to customers, Mark Seeton, director, Sales and Marketing, PPG Flat Glass, stated that effective Aug.6, 2012, PPG Industries Inc. will implement price increases in the following product categories:
- 5 percent increase for Sungate 500
- 7 percent increase for Starphire ultra-clear glass
- 9 percent increase for clear glass, Atlantica, Azuria, Caribia, Graylite II, and Pacifica glasses; all Vistacool coated glasses; and all Solarcool coated glasses
- 12 percent increase for Solarbronze, Solargray, Solarblue and Solexia glasses
- $0.12/square foot increase for Solarban 60 and Solarban 60VT on 6 mm clear glass
"PPG has experienced significant increases in the cost of raw materials associated with the production of our glass substrate products, as well as labor, health care and transportation-related costs," Seeton said in the letter. "PPG has undertaken numerous operational initiatives to mitigate the impact of inflationary costs, but they continue to outpace the improvement efforts and pricing trends in the marketplace. As a result, we find it necessary to increase pricing on several of our primary glass products," he wrote.