Vitro Architectural Products announces price increase
In a June 6 letter to customers, Vitro Architectural Products, Memphis, announced price increases will go into effect June 27, 2011.
"Our float glass suppliers have informed us of price increases effective during the latter part of June. The manufacturers state this increase is due to their higher costs of raw materials and energy," reads the letter from Charles Witherington, vice president and general manager.
Price increases will be as follows:
- All clear float products, including pattern glass: 10 percent
- All tinted float products: 8 percent
- All coated products: 8 percent
- Low-iron, acid-etched and all other specialty glass, excluding FireLite: 8 percent
- All glass fabrication charges: 10 percent
Energy surcharge costs will continue to be addressed separately, according to the letter.