Guardian Announces Price Increase
In a November 1 letter to North American customers, Guardian Industries announced it would increase prices as follows, effective with shipments beginning November 25, 2013:
- 9 percent on clear and pattern glass products from 6 millimeters to 19 mm in thickness, and all tempered thicknesses
- 7 percent on clear and pattern glass 5 mm and thinner
- 9 percent on all tinted float glass
- 7 percent on all mirror and laminated glass products
- 9 percent on all SunGuard products (except SN 68 and SN 68 HT on clear float glass)
- 5 percent on SunGuard SN 68 and SN 68 HT on clear float glass
- 5 percent on ClimaGuard products
- 5 percent on low-iron float glass and SatinDeco acid-etched.
In the letter, Guardian officials attributed the increase to "higher costs for the materials and services used in manufacturing and distribution of high quality glass products." Guardian's energy and transportation surcharges will remain in full effect and adjusted quarterly, according to the letter.